Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sketchbook 28/07/09


I tried using a new pen, the Micron brush. Not too sure how I feel about it, but it certainly elicited a quicker and looser drawing style while I was doing this image. A total departure from my more tighter, more accurate drawings.

This whole process of drawing with a new pen, brought to mind my ex's father who hated olives. He decided one day to like olives, so he carried a container of olives with him all day and just snacked on them. By the end of day, he liked them.

I think I'll keep on going with this brush pen and see where it takes me.

3 comments:

SarahGaunt said...

Wow I love this drawing and the colours you've used. Congrats on your first commision btw :D

Wilfred said...

Thanks, Sarah!

Carolina said...

You did great with the new pen... I like 'close-ups'.
About the olives story: unbelievable...