Tuesday, August 18, 2009

sketchbook 18/08/09


Today I had the opportunity to sketch in Lubo and Scott's workshop. We all went to school together, but I didn't realize how talented they were until today when I saw the projects they were working on.

Scott is an artist/sculptor (hard to categorize) and Lubo is a furniture designer. Today, Lubo was working on a conference table that measured 21 ft. long. He basically described it as a small bridge that you could possibly find in a large backyard bridging over a swale or a gully. I definitely looked like one, with its massive pieces of timbre. Can't wait to see it finished.

2 comments:

Carolina said...

This is one of my favorites of yours lately, can't say why... maybe how you drive the eye to the window, I don't know, but that's a nice touch...
See you :)
Carolina

Wilfred said...

Thanks, Carolina. Had a doozy of a time editing things out of the image. Too many good things to sketch in their workshop.