Sunday, December 13, 2009

Alternative Grounds Coffee House


The trouble with sketching in coffee houses is the seat availability. First come, first serve and so I didn't get the seat I wanted to do the interior of Alternative Grounds. So I had to settle for this view of the coffee grinder. I'll probably head back soon and try to draw a view that captures the window because it seems I've gotten into a pattern with the past two coffee houses of including the exterior facing window. So stay tuned and hopefully another Alternative Grounds image will be uploaded with a window in it.

3 comments:

Dan Kent said...

You have made this view of the coffee grinder a great view. I love the words, and the pots on top, and the contrasting colors, and the texture on the bottom. Interesting and enjoyable composition.

I am glad you are back and your dad is doing fine (read that a few posts back). You came back & I wasn't around! Ah well. I am amazed how prolific you are, and am glad to see your drawings once again.

Carolina said...

Great colors, I like the green-red contrast here, and the letters, of course!
Waiting for the next one with windows :)

Victoria Robison said...

I love the addition of the typography. Nice