Saturday, February 04, 2012

The Sketchbook Project

My favourite spread from the book.
I participated in the Sketchbook Project, a project that is based out of Brooklyn, New York. The participants of the project choose one of several themes offered and fill the supplied sketchbook with the theme. I chose "life underground". I can't say it's my best work, but it allowed me not to over think every line I put down. Plus, I procrastinated too much and meeting the deadline also forced me to just put images down on paper. Some images are a stretch from the theme but that's ok with me. A fun project and now it's time to concentrate on my oils.

4 comments:

Dan Kent said...

Excellent!! I don't know why you "can't say it's your best work" - it may not be, but it is awfully good - very, very, good - and so creative and well-drawn!

Wilfred said...

Thanks, Dan for the kind words. But I'll stick to the "not my best work" conclusion. ;P Hope all is well with you!

Coreopsis said...

I really really like these. It makes me think I need to choose a theme also, to explore. These seem really personal, and they are so so beautiful....

Wilfred said...

Coreopsis-- thanks. I found that drawing to a theme really helped! There's so much to draw out there and having a theme really narrowed my focus.