Saturday, May 21, 2016

sketchbook: Quantity over Quality

 No aikido today meant a fulll day of sketching. I knew I wanted to sketch a lot today. A few things running through my mind while doing this marathon session. Mr. Warden, my grade 7 art teacher telling us how as an art student he had his drawings stolen the night before they were due and he had to wake up early the next day and sketch 20 drawings. John Wilkenson, my uni art teacher telling us how he was regularly took an empty sketchbook and filled it in one afternoon. Terence Van Eslander, my first year design prof. telling us to draw all our process drawings on sheets of cartridge paper and use those accumulated sheets as the base for our final drawings.
I guess what I was trying to do today was to have quantity over quality... showing the good, the bad and the ugly.







No comments: