Thursday, July 30, 2009

Harbourfront Centre Glass studio revisited…



As the title implies, I returned to the glass studio in the Harbourfront Centre, where I had done a previous sketch of Nico and Rachel. However, this time I was able to sketch on the studio floor… a bit closer to the action.

Before I venture any further, I'd like to thank Aaron, Benjamin, Will and Christine for being so generous with their time and allowing me to ask them questions... So, thanks guys, I had a blast hanging out in your crib today!

So the drawing is of Aaron, the person shaping the glass and his assistant Will. Aaron's path to glass blowing, like the other glass blowers I've met, seems to have been along a circuitous route. Aaron told me that he was in training to be a commercial pilot, but after a few glass blowing seminars, he decided glass was something that suited his temperament better. Shortly after that he enrolled in Sheridan College Glass blowing program and graduated 2 years ago... good luck with your career and I'm sure you'll be a success, Aaron!

(Aaron, if you have a website and would like your name to be a link to it, send it my way)

4 comments:

Isabel said...

great sketch

Wilfred said...

Thanks, Isabel!

Carolina said...

Glass blowing, THAT I like...
Best regards,
Carolina

Patrick said...

Very nice sketch indeed. Aaron and Will both have websites. They are:

Aaron & Sally (Timid Glass)

http://www.timid.ca/

and Will

http://www.willruppel.com/