Wednesday, December 23, 2009

sketchbook 23/12/09


The last spread in my current sketchbook. I had a lot of fun drawing the snapping turtle at the ROM today. Apparently snapping turtles are an invasive species to the Great Lakes ecosystem and as a result, are creating quite a bit of havoc to the natural native flora and fauna.


When my dad was in the hospital, he roomed with a few gentlemen. This is his second roommate, Guido. I kid you not.


This spread was a reaction to the first day back to the ROM in about a month. My main objective was to lay down a lot of ink. Subject matter wasn't too important.

My sister renewed my membership to the ROM and I have to say it is one of the most thoughtful birthday gifts i've ever received!

3 comments:

Felicity Grace said...

Hooray for people who give you gifts you actually want! ;) I just love the sketch of Guido in the backless gown!

Happy holidays to you Wil! I hope you have a super time and I look forward to more fantastic sketches on 2010!

Wilfred said...

Happy holidays to you too, Felicity!

Carolina said...

Great sketches, Wil, and congrats on that superb bday gift. My best wishes once again to you!