Sunday, March 20, 2011

sketchbook 03/20/11


I have to apologize to Leilani. I drew her quite a few days ago and I promised I would upload to my blog that night after work. It totally slipped my mind until today when I made another promise to another customer I sketched below. Sorry Leilani, but here it is.


Here's the hot seat customer I sketched today. Cheryl is her name. A project manager by day and an aspiring writer by night, or in this case afternoon (bad father joke, but I like 'em a lot). She said my drawing made her look angry. I'd like to think of her expression as intense concentration... a look that she bares while writing the next Canadian classic.
Cheryl if you need an illustrator for any of your stories, give me a shout!

I've also noticed that I tend to get a likeliness with some, but others, I miss the mark entirely. Don't know why that is, but it was in this case. Nailed Leilani but Cheryl was a difficult model to capture accurately on paper. The quest continues.

No comments: